Winter GetAways – My Top 10 Places to Travel “on a budget”
Here’s my top 10 winter getaways on a budget
From the white sands of the Caribbean to the red mountains of Arizona, this gal loves to travel, and yes I do it on a budget! Regardless of how much you make, you too can experience some of the most beautiful places in the world.
There is nothing that I love more than to travel to the tropics during the cold winter months. Enjoying the sunshine and a beautiful beach and sunset gives me the strength to come home and shovel the snow once again. It makes bundling up in your favorite Winter coat, scarf and gloves tolerable until you can once again put on your favorite bathing suit and cover-up. My personal favorite places to travel are not always the least expensive but now you can find great deals just about anywhere on flights, hotels and cruises. I love to get away to Puerto Vallarta Mexico! The weather is almost always picture-perfect. Close your eyes and the lush jungle, surrounded by mountains and the beautiful ocean bay; you could almost feel like you are in Hawaii without the 8-hour flight from Chicago. I also love to cruise, it is a great way to see multiple islands with the beautiful all-inclusive cruise ship as your “home base”. Wherever you like to travel, do it while you can! Live is short and we must get out and see the world!
Here is a great list of places to see on a budget and great times throughout the year that you could have a considerable saving…
- Arizona – Grand Canyon, desert climate, hot summers and mild winters. Amazing forests to golden desserts. There is something here for everyone.
- Telluride, Colorado is a great place to visit in January. If you are a winter lover this is the place to ski and snowboard and if you love mounds of fresh snow, this is the place for you.
- Miami, Florida – Travel here in February and enjoy a 52% savings. Miami in February has much cooler temperatures with plenty of sunshine. Enjoy your day walking around South Beach, Wynwood Walls or explore the manicured grounds of Vizcaya Museum and Gardens.
- Cozumel , Mexico – Enjoy a 38% savings in March on hotel and flights. Average daytime temperatures are 82 degrees. It is less humid, with a very small chance of a hurricane. It is also a great time to dive into the colorful Mesoamerican Reef with a good chance of seeing migrating eagle rays up close and personal.
- Cancun, Mexico – The best months to visit Cancun are April, July, November and December. These are some of the driest months in Cancun, yet it remains warm and sunny. Flights to Mexico are on an average 36% lower than last year. Picture perfect weather with lower than normal prices on hotels and airfares during these months.
- Jackson, Wyoming – If you love the great outdoors, this is the place for you. Wildflowers start to bloom in May, and the snow melts into scenic winding rivers, and the wildlife emerges from hibernation. Beautiful!
- San Juan, Puerto Rico – June is a great time to visit. The weather is hot, but the rainy season has not yet arrived. Wander the cobblestone streets of Old San Juan or take a day trip to El Junque National Forest to experience the picturesque beauty. However you decide to spend your trip, you will love San Juan.
- Dallas, Texas – Travel to Dallas in August can save you 43%. Summer is hot, but you can enjoy the famous mouthwatering BBQs, a tall glass of sweet tea or a refreshing margarita. If you don’t mind a car ride, you can visit the town of Waco, Texas and the home of Chip and Joanna Gains (Fixer Upper TV Show) / Magnolia Homes.
- Denver, Colorado – Visit Denver in October and save 42% overall in travel costs. Temperatures might be slightly cold, but it’s dry and sunny with beautiful autumn colors. Last but not least…
- Chicago, Illinois – At one time, Chicago was an amazing city to visit. With its beautiful lakefront with many fun beaches, boating, paddle boarding, shopping, amazing restaurants, Navy Pier, shopping and much more.
Let’s all hope that the world returns to normal one day! Peace, Love, World!