5 Organizational Hacks to Start Your Day Off Right
Are you frantically searching for car keys, coffee mug, or your to do list before heading out the door?
I think we have all been there, rushing through the house searching for car keys, a kid missing gym shoes, packing lunches and returning emails all at the same time. When all you want to do is scream stop! Listen sister- it’s time to get yourself together and stop the nonsense stressing. Consider organizing your life!
Balancing home, money and time is the key to making yourself happier by being more organized. Managing our busy lives is not easy. Juggling what you have to do and what you want to do can be daunting at times especially now when our world seems to be upside down. I always try to master getting more done in less time.
- Get it out of your head and write it down. When I meet with a client for the first time, my gift to them is a small notebook along with my business card. I tell them to use this as their “Holly Task Book” when things come to mind that they need help with, just write it down. No need to store it in your head.
- Time blocking? Could this help me? Blocking off time slots in your day is a must. You need time for personal tasks, as well as family tasks and work. How about a 30 minute time slot for a walk?
- To Do List: Out of the 1440 minutes in a day. What is realistic on the items that you can accomplish? Don’t forget out of that time frame you need to eat and sleep. Don’t look at your “big pile” of things that you need to accomplish. Break it down in segments to make it more manageable.
- Don’t forget “ME TIME”. We need to take care of ourselves to continue to work at a high-performance level.
- Prioritize! What is really important? What can wait for another day, another time?
Try to be flexible. Things happen, plans change and the unexpected is always right around the corner. Reflect on what you are grateful for in your life. Having trouble sleeping at night because the thoughts of everything keep rushing through your brain…keep a handy notebook next to your bed and write down your thoughts and go to sleep. You can revisit the notes in the morning. We will never get everything done; it is life. Make it the best one possible.
Final Tip of the day…..If you chronically forget to take your morning medicine, put the pill tray in your coffee cup. 😊